>> Le coffre à outils technologiques et pédagogiquesdes enseignants de la formation professionnelle du Québec
>>A mission for Mlle Gruson’s and Mme Shrubsall’s pupils... Tart’au chuc’
25 octobre 2008
For the French "Semaine du goût" (Week of Taste), we talked about traditional recipes of the North of France such as "Tarte au Maroilles", " Tart’au Chuc’"...
We chose "Tart’au Chuc’" because it is easy to find the ingredients, including in DARTFORD in England where our friends of York Road School are ! (We want to send them the recipes in pictures !)
Mlle Gruson’s class used ready-made pastry but we made ours with yeast.
You can read their article in French, just follow this link !
OUR RECIPE :
instruction 6 : eggs and cream
instruction 6 : cassonade blonde (light brown sugar)
1) Heat the milk and add the sugar and yeast. Wait for the yeast to rise (about 5 to 10 min)
2) Pour the yeast mixture into a bowl.
Add the flour, the butter,the yolks and the salt.
Mix with your hands.
Knead well with palms and knuckles !
3) Cover the bowl with a cloth and leave to rise for 40min.
4) Grease the mould.
5) Stretch the dough all over the mould.
6) In a small bowl mix the beaten eggs with the cream and the brown sugar.
7) Pour this mixture onto the dough.
8) Bake at 200°c for 15min, then reduce to 150°c for 30min.
Don’t forget to taste the "cassonade" !!! YUMMY !!!
Don’t we look like real chefs ?
AND ME ?
Wearing our chef’s toques, we were very proud to bring our " tart’ au chuc’ " to our friends the CM1/CM2 of Mlle Gruson. Even Yorkie had a chef’s toque !!!
Time had come to taste !!!
Jeanne and Mei,
Paul, Maxime and Alinoé,
Natalia, Hinata and Ayami...
Also helped by the Clin cycle 2 : Nora, Shunta and Elisabeth !
When is it your turn ?